Plex Media Server, we usually call it Plex, is a combination of media player and media server. It brings all your media files together and allows you to store, access, and play them on any device. For Tidal users, Plex is a bridge on which they can discover new quality music and avoid losing their music collection at the same time. If you’re an audiophile looking to connect Tidal to Plex, this article is definitely worth checking out. It offers 2 effective methods and complete tutorials for you to learn.
Part 1: Basic Information about Plex Tidal
Do you have a bunch of photos, audio, and video files on your computer? Are you keen on movies and storing a lot of them on your devices? Have you ever subscribed to many music streaming services so as to acquire diverse high-quality music? If so, Plex is the thing that you definitely don’t want to miss. Just download Plex software on a compatible NAS device, like your computer, and you can play all your media content on any device capable of using the Plex app.
Also, you can get streaming services on Plex, such as watching movies, and TV series, and listening to music. After you link your Tidal subscription to your Plex account, you are capable of accessing Tidal’s 100 million songs and videos through the Plex whenever and wherever you want.
If you have a Tidal bundle subscription billed and managed through Plex, you will gain some extra features when using Plex.
Tidal HiFi Bundle (Specific music-related premium features):
$9.99 per month
• Automatic lyrics from LyricFind
• Sweet Fades
• Loudness Leveling
• Free activation of Android and iOS mobile apps
• Advanced audio features (like silence compression)
Tidal HiFi Plus with Plex Pass Bundle (All features of Tidal premium and other features):
$19.99 per month
• Downloads/Mobile Sync (for your Plex library content, not TIDAL content)
• Live TV & DVR with compatible hardware
• Plex Home
• Premium Photo Libraries
• Early Access & Betas
• Plex Pass Perks
• and much more!
Part 2: Link Tidal to Plex Officially
This section will walk through the official method to link your Tidal account to Plex. As long as you have a Tidal subscription or you are going to start a new subscription, you can follow the steps below.
• Transfer your existing subscription to Plex
1) Go to https://www.plex.tv/transfer-tidal-subscription-page/ and choose the Tidal plan you subscribed to – HiFi or HiFi Plus.
2) Sign in to your Tidal account in the new pop-up window.
3) Then it will switch your subscription to be managed through Plex.
• Start a new subscription
1) Head to the Plex site and visit the main Tidal page on it.
2) Scroll down to choose the Tidal plan you desire at the bottom page.
3) Then you will be redirected to the Tidal site, you can create an account there and link it to Plex.
Part 3: Best Way to Add Tidal to Plex
Tidal subscriber can easily connect their Tidal account to Plex for use. However, sometimes Tidal may not show up in Plex. What’s worse, currently Plex does not offer service to users who have a Tidal Family plan and the offline mode is also not available. So, it is clear that the best way of adding Tidal to Plex is to get help from a smart music converter – AudBite Tidal Music Converter. It helps you to solve the problems easily.
It is a versatile program that is equipped with advanced DRM protection removal technology. Thanks to it, you are able to use it to download any track, playlist, album, or podcast to your computer, which will be stored as local files. Furthermore, it enables you to convert the downloaded Tidal music to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, or M4B. After the conversion, you are able to save Tidal songs on Plex for a lifelong time. If you want, you can also import these songs to your Sonos speaker, MP3 player, or Roku for offline playback. Moreover, the downloading and conversion feature is a good helper to back up your Tidal music.
Main Features of AudBite Tidal Music Converter:
- Download types of music files from Tidal to a local computer
- Support Tidal tracks, podcasts, albums, playlists, and more
- Preserve 100% lossless sound quality and ID3 tags
- Convert Tidal to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, and M4B
- Download music at 5X faster speed for offline listening anywhere
Step 1 Import Tidal music to AudBite Program
Regardless of using a free account or a premium subscription account, you can install AudBite Tidal Music Converter to help you achieve your goal. To import the music you want to download, you should first find it in your Tidal library. Then click Share – Copy track link so that you can paste it to the program’s search bar at the top of the window. Click the + button to load the song. Or you just need to simply drag and drop it.
Step 2 Reset the settings
Hit the Preferences on the upper-right menu section. Choose the Convert tab to reset the output settings according to your needs. You can select an output format from the drop-down list, and change channel, bit rate, and sample rate as well.
Step 3 Convert Tidal track for Plex
Click the Convert button at the bottom. The program will start the conversion automatically. You can get the music files on your computer by clicking the Converted icon.
Step 4 Add the downloaded music to Plex
Open the Plex app on your computer and log in to it with your account. Choose Add Library – Music and then navigate to the folder that contains your local Tidal tracks. After you load it, you can enjoy your Tidal music on Plex without a subscription.
Part 4: FAQs about Tidal Plex
Q1: Do I need a Plex Pass subscription to access Tidal?
A: No, it is not necessary. If you have a Tidal account, you can transfer the subscription from Tidal to Plex. But if you have a Plex Pass subscription, you can get a discount on the Tidal subscription when you use it to sign up.
Q2: Does Tidal support the use of many devices to stream music simultaneously?
A: You can stream Tidal content on one single device or app at one time. For example, if you are already streaming music from Tidal on your Plex app for Android phones, you can’t stream Tidal music on your Apple TV’s Plex app at the same time.
Q3: Are Tidal subscriptions through Plex the same as elsewhere?
A: Yes, a Tidal subscription through Plex is the same as through Tidal itself. However, you should notice that there are some features are only available on the official Tidal apps.
• If you have a HiFi Plus subscription, you are not able to access MQA, Dolby Atmos, and 360 Reality Audio music when play Tidal music through Plex.
• When you use the Plex app on your mobile device, you can neither download Tidal music to your phone nor use the offline mode. It is not possible to download Tidal content.
• You can’t buy Tidal music through Plex.
• The ability to download/sync Tidal content is not available on Plex.
• The Tidal family plan is not offered by Plex.
Q4: What servers support you to link Plex and Tidal on them?
A: The following Plex player apps support your access to Tidal content:
Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Smart TVs, Android Auto, Chromecast, Android (mobile), iOS, Windows (desktop), macOS (desktop), Plexamp, Sonos, Xbox One, PS4, and PS5.
Part 5: Summary
According to the tutorial offered above, you will find it’s really easy to connect Tidal to Plex. You can directly add Tidal to Plex with your Tidal subscription. Also, using AudBite Tidal Music Converter to convert Tidal music to Plex is valid and a subscription is not necessary here. Choose one method that matches you and then enjoy your amazing Tidal music on Plex.