Shazam is an audio recognizer that can identify a short sample from music, television shows, advertising, and movies. Sometimes, when you go out with friends or have dinner with your family members, you will hear some pretty familiar songs but you can’t remember the song’s name instantly. Under this condition, you may use the Shazam app to recognize the music that you heard. It can identify the music by using an audio fingerprint which is based on a spectrogram. And it allows you to recognize the music from Spotify, Apple Music, and Groove Music. Take Spotify as an example, you just need to open the Shazam app to record 10 seconds of a Spotify song, then it will store the song in a database. When you connect Shazam to Spotify, you can recognize any song from Spotify in a second. Here is how.
Part 1: How to Connect Shazam to Spotify with Premium
The Shazam app can be downloaded from Google Play, Apple Store, Chrome Web Store, and Galaxy Store. If you connect Shazam to your Spotify premium account, it will be easier for you to recognize one Spotify song that you heard. However, many of you don’t know how to connect Shazam to Spotify, here I will tell you the ways to make it.
1) Visit shazam.com to download the Shazam app on your devices.
2) Run the Shazam app. Find the My Music sector on the main screen.
3) Tap the Settings icon in the top left corner of the screen.
4) Click the Connect icon next to Spotify under STREAMING.
5) Click Allow to open the Spotify app. Hit the AGREE button to log into your Spotify premium account.
6) Under the Spotify icon, you can turn on Sync Shazams to Spotify to discover My Shazam Tracks playlist. Tap the OK button.
7) Open your Spotify app on your phone. Then you can find the My Shazam Tracks in Your Library.
Next time when you use the Shazam app to recognize Spotify songs, it will give you a tip to open the Spotify app. If you agree to click the Open on Spotify button, it will redirect the Spotify song to your Spotify app.
Bonus: How to Play Shazam Songs on Spotify
1) Launch the Shazam app on your phone.
2) Head to your music library by tapping the Library icon on Android or swiping it up on your iPhone.
3) Choose a song to play on your Shazam. Then click the Spotify icon to connect to your premium Spotify account.
4) Then you can tap the Open button to play Shazam songs on Spotify.
Part 2: Best Way to Add Shazam to Spotify without Premium
The Shazam app has a function that can recognize the targeted Spotify song as long as you have subscribed to Spotify. However, most of you do not pay for Spotify because of the expensive price. If you want to add Shazam to Spotify to enjoy the Shazam to Spotify playlist without premium, you need a tool to make it.
The tool that I recommend in this post is AudBite Music Converter. It not only allows you to download Spotify playlists, albums, podcasts, audiobooks, and tracks without premium but converts them to output formats that you usually use such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B, and AAC. And you can enjoy Spotify music on multiple music platforms like Tidal and Groove Music. In addition to listening to converted Spotify music with high sound quality, a 5x conversion speed is also supported. And you don’t need to worry that Shazam can’t recognize them as each song is shown with ID3 tags.
Main Features of AudBite Spotify Music Converter
- Download ad-free songs from Spotify without premium easily
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B
- Save Spotify music up to 320kpbs and with ID3 tags retained
- Support downloading Spotify music in batch at 5× faster speed
Open AudBite Music Converter and Add Spotify Playlists
Enter audbite.com to download an AudBite Music Converter. Run it on your desktop. Head to the Spotify app. Drag playlists from Spotify directly to the download area. Or copy and paste links of Spotify playlists to the search bar. Click the “+” button to upload them to the download center.
Alter the Output Format for Shazam to Spotify Playlists
Click the Menu button. Select Preferences as the target. Click it and a small window will pop up. Shift General to Convert. You can set the output format as MP3 while others keep it as the default. Then hit OK.
Convert Shazam to Spotify Playlists
Hit the Convert button to start the process of conversion. All Shazam to Spotify playlists will be exported to your desktop in the form of files. Then you find these Spotify music files on your computer.
Part 3: Solutions to Fix Shazam Spotify Not Working
Although Shazam allows you to sync music to Spotify, it does not always work. You can find many complaints from both Spotify and Shazam users that you can’t add Shazam to Spotify. Considering that, I will give you some solutions to fix Shazam Spotify not working below.
1) Disconnect and reconnect Shazam to Spotify. Run the Shazam app and tap Settings > DISCONNECT. Go to My Shazam Tracks. Tap the three-dots icon > Delete Playlist. After that, you can follow part 1 to reconnect Shazam to Spotify. Maybe it will work.
2) Update Spotify and Shazam. If Shazam Spotify doesn’t work, you’d better check whether the version of your Spotify and Shazam is the latest. If not, update them respectively. Then you can try to connect Shazam to Spotify again by following the above steps.
Part 4: Conclusion
This post gives you a full guide on how to connect Shazam to Spotify and how to play Shazam songs on Spotify with premium. I also list a method for Spotify-free users. You can use a trusted tool like AudBite Music Converter here to make it. Since receiving your complaints about Shazam Spotify do not work time to time, some solutions are also introduced in this post. Hope you can connect Shazam to Spotify without trouble after reading this post.