Spotify has been focusing on customizing music content that is more user-centric and constantly improving its features. Similar to the well-designed Discover Weekly and annual Spotify Wrapped, it rolled out a new mode called Spotify AI DJ in February this year, to better provide all users with tailor-made music. This revolution certainly takes your listening experience to a higher level by using AI-powered technology and gives you a more intuitive insight into your musical tastes. With a lot of attention and great interest, you might want guidance on exactly what this feature is and how to use it on Spotify.
Part 1: What Is Spotify AI DJ?
The new-released AI DJ feature on Spotify has the ability to review what you stream mostly and take your repeatedly-played playlists from the past year as a reference to figure out your general taste in music. It then judges which genre you tend to listen to and which type of artist you prefer. Based on your listening records as well as music streaming habits, AI DJ can create and curate personalized music for you on Spotify, making a natural and smooth transition between songs in a style like the traditional radio station.
With the use of OpenAI technology, AI DJ offers a lineup of music recommendations as per what you like and what you don’t like. It at the same time shows commentary around the tracks and artists in an amazingly realistic voice. This is actually a targeted personalization feature for different users.
Part 2: How to Use AI DJ on Spotify
Can’t wait to find out how to access the AI DJ feature with your own account and get started? Well, before testing this new feature, you should know the following main points:
1. Supported Spotify version: Spotify mobile app. You should make sure that you have installed Spotify mobile app on your iOS or Android device with the latest version.
2. Required account: Spotify Premium. Only Spotify users with a premium account can see AI DJ feature and access it.
3. Available regions: Canada and the U.S. Ensure your location area is authorized to use this feature.
After confirming that you meet these preconditions, you can now go to active AI DJ mode on Spotify and use it for music listening.
1) Open Spotify mobile app on either iOS or Android device and head to Music Feed on Home screen.
2) Simply click Play on the DJ card.
3) Wait for a moment until Spotify finishes scanning your listening history and what is collected in your library. AI DJ will then provide you with a lineup of music alongside commentary on the songs as well as artists, to fit your music taste.
4) You can simply add what is playing into your liked songs, share it, view the album, and more. However, if you show no interest in it, simply tap on the DJ button on the bottom right to switch to another genre, mood, or artist.
Note: according to some users’ feedback, music served by Spotify AI DJ mode sometimes is inconsistent with the actual listening preference. Besides, Spotify cannot grab and remember users liked genre or mood.
Part 3: How to Fix Spotify AI DJ Not Showing Up Issue
Don’t know why the DJ feature doesn’t show up on your Spotify, even though you satisfied all preconditions? Here you can try some possible solutions.
1. Check if your Spotify app is in the newest version. If not, update and install the latest one.
2. Check if the “AI DJ” feature is enabled. You can go to your account settings, find Playback, and see if you have turned the “AI DJ” option on.
3. Simply log out of your Spotify account and sign in back.
Part 4: Best Tip to Download Spotify Personalized Playlists without Premium
Whether it’s music you’ve added to your favorite list through AI DJ recommendations or songs you’ve searched for yourself, you can download and listen to them locally. What you need is a remarkable tool called AudBite Spotify Music Converter. It can well support tracks, playlists, albums, podcasts, and audiobooks from Spotify. By using powerful decoding technology, it can remove DRM protection and convert whatever you want in common audio formats, such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A and M4B. Expediently, it’s possible to keep your favorite music saved without premium and play offline on any device you want.
Main Features of AudBite Spotify Music Converter
- Download ad-free songs from Spotify without premium easily
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B
- Save Spotify music up to 320kpbs and with ID3 tags retained
- Support downloading Spotify music in batch at 5× faster speed
Step 1 Add Spotify Playlists to AudBite Program
Get AudBite Music Converter installed and quickly run on your computer. Then you can add your customized playlists from Spotify to the top search bar in AudBite’s main interface. Simply copy the URLs, paste them, and click on “+” to finish loading tracks. Or you can save time by directly dragging and dropping.
Step 2 Set Format for Spotify Music
To convert Spotify playlists to MP3 or other formats, you can go to the top right corner and hit Menu > Preferences > Convert in AudBite Music Converter. Set the output format based on your liking and change parameters like bit rate, sample rate and more in the way you wish.
Step 3 Convert Personalized Playlist
Now it’s your turn to click on the Convert button. AudBite Music Converter will help download your chosen Spotify playlists at 5x fast speed. When the conversion task is completed, check all music tracks in your local folder and enjoy to play it offline at ease.
Part 5. Summary
To make the music you listen to on Spotify more matchable with your personal preferences, Spotify AI DJ comes out. In this post, you have a general understanding of what it is and how it works. You can access this feature at a higher frequency, to make the recommendations more accurate with what you like. Or you can get the personalized music downloaded for playback offline with the help of our mentioned AudBite Music Converter. It ideally keeps the original quality of all tracks you have.