As one of the largest streaming music service providers, Spotify is sought-after and always be taken into consideration when you’re going to listen to music. Although users have unlimited access to all of their music libraries, Spotify has put up some hurdles. For users with a free account, you can only listen to music with ads embedded in it, but can’t enjoy downloading feature. For subscribed users with a premium account, the downloaded music will only be available on Spotify-authorized devices and platforms.
This is, to a certain extent, undoubtedly inconvenient. You probably desire to convert Spotify to MP3 to give you more freedom with these music sources, like play Spotify on MP3 player or other devices. Don’t be stuck with these restrictions anymore, you can learn how to convert and download music from Spotify with 11 best Spotify to MP3 converter in this article.
- Part 1. Comparison Table of 11 Best Spotify to MP3 Converter
- Part 2. Convert Spotify to MP3 on Windows and Mac [Hot]
- Part 3. How to Download Spotify to MP3 Online
- Part 4. How to Convert Spotify to MP3 Free
- Part 5. Convert Spotify to MP3 Android & iPhone
- Part 6. FAQs about Spotify to MP3
- Part 7. Conclusion
Part 1. Which Spotify to MP3 Converter to Choose?
With so many choices in the current market, don’t you know what the difference is? Don’t worry. Instead of going through each tool, you can quickly find what you need directly in the comparison table. Based on your own criteria, decide which one is most to your liking.
|AudBite Music Converter||Soundloaders||Spotify-downloader||SpotifyDown||Spotify Downloader||Spytify||AllToMP3||Audacity||SpotiFlyer||Fildo||Spotifydl|
|Supported OS||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS||Windows||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android||Windows, Android||iOS|
|Input Formats||Spotify tracks, albums, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks||Spotify tracks, albums, playlists||Spotify tracks, albums, playlists||Spotify tracks, albums, playlists||Only Spotify single track||Any Spotify music types||Music from Spotify, SoundCloud, YouTube, Deezer||Any audio from microphone and computer system||Spotify playlists, albums, tracks||Any Spotify music||Spotify tracks, playlists, albums|
|Output Formats||MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B||MP3||MP3||MP3||MP3||MP3, WAV||MP3||MP3, FLAC, AIFF||MP3||MP3||MP3|
|Output Quality||Lossless||320kbps||320kbps||High||320kbps||320kbps||256 kbps||High||Medium||Medium||Medium|
|Keep ID3 Tags||√||√||√||×||×||√||√||√||×||×||×|
Part 2. Convert Spotify to MP3 on Windows and Mac
2.1 Best Spotify to MP3 Downloader – AudBite Music Converter
For both Spotify Free and Premium users, AudBite Music Converter is a good option. It perfectly supports songs, albums, playlists, podcasts, and audiobooks on Spotify. Not only convert Spotify to MP3 at 320kbps, but it also saves downloaded music in AAC, FLAC, M4A, M4B, and WAV. Remarkably, the quality it preserves can be 100% original with zero loss. Moreover, you can convert multiple songs in batch at 5x fast speed and therefore, handily enjoy them offline on different portable devices without ads. All ID3 tag information can be kept, which is convenient for you to better manage your music library.
Pros of AudBite Spotify Music Converter:
- Convert music from Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4B, M4A, and AAC
- Download Spotify playlists, albums, podcasts, and even audiobooks
- Keep lossless quality to guarantee the optimal listening experience
- 5x fast-lightning speed to convert music in batch
- Save ads-free music for offline playback on any device and platform
Supported OS: Windows, Mac
Price: $12.95/monthly, $28.95/quarterly, $75.95/lifetime
Cons: Only convert the first 1 minute of each Spotify song in the free trial version
2.2 How to Download and Convert Spotify Music to MP3
To remove DRM protection from Spotify songs and save them in the most popular MP3 format, you can use AudBite Spotify Music Converter. Here is a completed guide to help you make it on your computer.
Step 1 Add Music from Spotify to AudBite Program
Launch AudBite Music Converter on your computer and at the same time your Spotify application will open. Go to Spotify, find the music you want, and copy its URL link for further pasting into the main interface of the AudBite program. Or you can straightly drag and drop specific Spotify music, like a single song, an album, or a playlist, to the conversion list of AudBite Music Converter.
Step 2 Set MP3 as Output Format
Once all tracks are loaded and shown in AudBite program, you can go to Menu > Preferences > Convert to choose MP3 as output format. Besides, it’s available to customize channel, bit rate, sample rate, conversion speed, and archive mode on your own.
Step 3 Convert Music from Spotify to MP3
With a simple click on “Convert” button at the right bottom, you can start downloading and converting Spotify music to MP3 at 5x speed. Wait until the process comes to end and then listen to local Spotify music offline without DRM protection on any device or player.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify to MP3 Online
Soundloaders is an online free music downloader for Spotify users. It comes with a clear interface so that everybody can use it quickly. Also, there is no need for you to download and install any software. Just open your desktop or mobile browser, and then you can download Spotify songs as MP3 files. Soundloaders can keep all metadata information, like the release date, cover, artist, name, and more.
- Convert music from Spotify to MP3 on web browsers
- Easy to use
- Free and online tool without software installation
- Sometimes the music-loading time may be long after enter URL
- Not compatible with Google Chrome, Opera and Firefox browsers on iOS devices
- The quality it outputs is not good enough
1) Search and get a link of a song, playlist, or album on Spotify.
2) Enter the Spotify URL in Soundloaders’ search box.
3) Click on Search to complete loading Spotify tracks.
4) Now start to save Spotify music in MP3 by using the Download button.
Spotify-downloader is another web-based tool that you can directly get help from. It has ability to download songs, albums, and playlists from Spotify. Each track that’s loaded by it can be saved as the most popular format, MP3 320kbps. To quickly download all music files, you can even get a whole playlist or album in ZIP. Moreover, the local Spotify songs can include metadata for you to better manage.
- Support Spotify songs, playlists, and albums
- Save downloaded music in MP3 320kbps
- Include all metadata information
- Online tool for you to access easily
- With no support for Spotify podcast, show, and artist
- Limited output format
- There are onscreen ads to bother you
1) Open Spotify with your account and copy the link of your wanted music.
2) Paste the link to designated box in spotify-downloader.com.
3) Click on Submit to ask Spotify-downloader to load all songs.
4) Get your favorite Spotify music in MP3 by clicking the Download or Download ZIP button.
SpotifyDown is a Spotify to MP3 downloader. It offers full support for Spotify songs, playlists, and albums. With the help of it, you can effortlessly convert your desired music from Spotify for offline listening and there is no ad interruption. What’s more, this online free tool is capable of preserving the original quality, providing you with a good listening experience. As it claims, you can download your Spotify songs at a fast speed, which can greatly save your time.
- Download ads-free music from Spotify
- Convert Spotify songs, playlists and albums to MP3
- Quick to visit and easy to operate
- Can only download each song one by one if you load a playlist or album
- Push many ads on the screen
- Conversion speed indeed heavily relies on network status
1) Share to get the link of one song, a playlist or an album in Spotify.
2) Click on Paste to enter the URL in SpotifyDown.
3) Hit the Download button to let SpotifyDown load music tracks.
4) Click on Download in the rear of each song to download it locally.
3.4 Spotify Downloader
Spotify Downloader is a dedicated music downloader for Spotify users. It comes with basic features and lets you quickly convert each song from Spotify to local folder. It exports tracks in MP3 format at 320kbps, so the quality is good enough. You can use this online tool on browsers like Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Download Spotify song in MP3
- Offer users with an easy solution
- Download track or download lyrics as per your needs
- Can only support Spotify single song, not playlists
- Not work with Firefox and Chrome on iOS devices
1) Copy a song link from Spotify.
2) Paste it to spotifydownloader.net and click on search.
3) Click on Download track to save your Spotify music in MP3.
Part 4. How to Convert Spotify to MP3 Free
Spytify is actually a free recorder for Spotify users. It functions well to download each song for you by auto-detecting playing music and recording. Aside from converting Spotify to MP3, it supports WAV audio format. Furthermore, it can mute ads from Spotify. The audio quality it offers can up to 160kbps for Spotify Free and 320kbps High Quality for Spotify Premium. When you play all recorded audio files, it re-updates already recorded ID3 tags for each track.
- Record to download Spotify music in MP3 and WAV
- Mute ads from Spotify songs
- Output high audio quality
- Maintain original ID3 tags
- This program can only run on Windows computer
- Software is not stable and can crash sometimes
- Waste you too much time to wait for recording completion
1) Open Spytify on Windows and set MP3 as output format.
2) Play specific music on Spotify and click “Start” in Spytify to record it.
3) Click on Stop to end the music-recording process from Spotify.
As the name displays, AllToMP3 offers a comprehensive solution, helping you convert music from different streaming music platforms, for instance, Spotify, YouTube, Deezer, and SoundCloud, to your high-compatible MP3 format. This software is available on Windows, Mac and Linux. The operation interface is simple and your downloaded music can be saved with ID3 tags.
- Cross-platform music converter for Spotify and more platforms
- Convert Spotify songs to MP3
- Save files with ID3 tags
- Fail to download some songs
- The program can get crashed sometimes
1) Install AllToMP3 on your computer.
2) Open Spotify and copy the URL of your target music.
3) Paste the URL and press Enter to start downloading process.
If what you are looking for is an audio recorder and editor for Spotify, then Audacity can be a good choice. As a famous free open source, it is highly used by Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux users. It can record music from Spotify and save file in MP3 or other formats. For post-processing, you can even cut, combine, mix tracks, reduce noises, adjust volume, add crossfade effect, etc. based on your actual needs.
- Record music from Spotify or other sound sources
- Free and cross-platform open source
- With editor to deal with recorded audio files
- Complex for novices to get started
- It takes long time to record Spotify music in real time
1) Go to Edit in Audacity > Preferences > Device > Host to choose Windows WASAPI.
2) Under the Recording tab in the left column, and uncheck Software playthrough of input.
3) Now begin the recording process with Record button in Audacity and play whatever you want on Spotify.
4) Use the Stop button to end recording and go for File > Export > Export as MP3 to save your Spotify music file.
Part 5. How to Convert Spotify to MP3 Android & iPhone
SpotiFlyer is designed with an elegant interface. It is applicable for Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. With its assistance, you can download tracks, albums, and playlists from Spotify. Other than that, this tool makes it possible to get music from YouTube, SoundCloud, YouTube Music, Jio-Saavn, and Gaana. As a result, you can enjoy ad-free music in MP3 format without problem.
- Download music from Spotify on Android and other desktop devices
- Fetch music from other mainstream platforms like YouTube and more
- Block annoying ads from Spotify music
- With limited formats to save Spotify music
- Only download maximum 5 tracks each time
1) Get music link from Spotify.
2) Open SpotiFlyer on Android and paste link to search bar.
3) Tap on the Download button to save music from Spotify.
Fildo can serve as a Spotify MP3 downloader for Android devices. By using it, you are allowed to listen to and download music from Spotify. Notably, this application works by matching your Spotify songs from 3rd-party MP3 search engines and finding music sources for you. However, to get more results, you will need to spend more time.
- Free MP3 downloader for Android device
- Simple to operate
- Without its own collection of music files but get sources from search engines
- Display ads on its interface
- Cannot support downloading all songs from Spotify
1) Download Fildo for Android from its official website.
2) Run Fildo and go for More > Import Spotify to connect your own Spotify account.
3) Import your Spotify playlists and start to Download music in MP3.
Spotifydl is a shortcut that you can set for your iOS devices as long as it runs with iOS 12. It can perform well by ripping and downloading music from Spotify, then saving it in MP3 format with good sound quality, up to 320kbps. The interface is uncluttered and you can know where to go without referring to an instruction.
- Free application for Spotify music downloading
- Save music in high quality
- Only export Spotify music in MP3
- No support for keeping ID3 tags
- Extract limited songs from Spotify for downloading
1) Download Spotifydl on your iPhone and make it show in Shortcuts.
2) Head to Spotify and copy music link.
3) Under iPhone Shortcuts screen, tap on Spotifydl, and add URL of Spotify playlist.
4) It will search music and click on OK to download all of them in MP3 format.
Part 6. FAQs about Spotify to MP3
Q1: How do I convert Spotify to MP3 in Chrome?
A: There are Spotify downloader Chrome extensions in the market. However, search engines have largely banned such add-ons because of copyright issues with Spotify. This is also the reason why many Spotify downloader extensions become discontinued in Chrome and unavailable for you to use.
Q2: What website converts Spotify to MP3?
A: As we introduced above, you can use different online websites to download music from Spotify to MP3. See what kind of tool you are actually looking for and then pick up one for yourself.
Q3: Is it legal to convert Spotify music to MP3?
A: It can be legal to download and convert music from Spotify as long as you get local songs for personal use. However, if you share it with others or apply music sources for commercial use, like uploading it to your YouTube video as background music, then it’s illegal.
After learning all 11 solutions in this article, you should have no doubt about Spotify to MP3 issue. All you have to do is simply check which operating system you’d like to convert Spotify music to, and then decide if you want free tools based on your budget. Conveniently, we have made a detailed classification for you, directly in the comparison table to screen out the feasible solutions by yourself. Afterward, see what factors you care about most, for example, sound quality, conversion speed, output formats, etc. Once you get a suitable Spotify to MP3 converter, you won’t be held back by Spotify’s restrictions and can enjoy any music with the utmost freedom!